On August 30th Sean Griffin turns 33 and I just have to list some of the reasons why I love him...
1. I had to wash dishes continuously on Saturday before his little birthday BBQ in order to keep him from jumping in at the sink and it still didn't work.
2. He also washes dishes far more methodically than I do...just ask him and he'll tell you all about my soaking wet dish towel situation.
3. He also cooked really good hamburgers on the new grill he got for his birthday.
4. He didn't want Mac to miss a moment of a trip to Disneyland with his Dad's family so he made sure Mac knew it was okay to miss his birthday BBQ.
5. His vacation beard. (that got shaved off tonight since tomorrow's the first day of school)
6. I love that he came in to show me each increment of hair removal...the goatee...the mustache...he was awfully proud of himself.
7. I love that his eyes change color depending on what he's wearing.
8. That he doesn't mind that his birthday falls on the first day of school.
9. That he actually always looks forward to each new week of work.
10. He humors his wife with a trip to Old Navy because he just has to have a new polo shirt for the first day. (he could care less)
11. In addition to getting a new polo he let me convince him that he actually needed to wear a new argyle sweater vest on the first day...after all it had his school's colors.
12. He comes home from shopping and cleans out his closet
13. Then he asked me to help put his clothes in rainbow order...music to my ears
14. And he uses the hot pink hangers I had in my closet growing up.
15. I love that he has wandered around the Container Store 457 times. (we went today since it's next to Old Navy and I needed that new file box for school)
16. And he actually thinks things like a half an onion box are a good idea.
17. He drinks tea every morning. (since we had high tea and he decided he really likes it)
18. I love that I get to surprise him with a travel mug for tea tomorrow morning when he gets up.
19. He wants to learn to play the guitar.
20. That way he can play folksy music so he can get laid. (I cannot believe I just typed that, but it's what we were joking about earlier today)
21. He is very good about taking care of you when you're hurt. (this certainly was tested a few weeks ago)
22. He is an amazing house painter.
23. I love that he called risotto cakes "rice thingies" when we were at a nice restaurant on our vacation.
24. I love even more when I sited my knowledge about the sports he loves suggesting he might want to learn a little more about food for me that he came right back with, "Um, how much do I know about scrapbooking?"
25. He knows a surprising amount about scrapbooking.
26. And that he sews and stamps a lot better than I do.
27. When I asked what he wanted for his birthday dinner tomorrow that he just said, "chicken".
28. I love how happy he was for me when my college diploma arrived in the mail over the weekend.
29. He always surprises me with a note on the first day of school.
30. He loves basketball so much that he didn't even mind that he had a league game at 9:30pm the night before school starts.
31. I love that he is a good basketball player.
32. And he's good at making inappropriate jokes to help me forget that two young guys at the basketball game thought I was his mom.
33.I love that he's waiting up for me right now so we can go to bed.
Those are just some of the reasons I love him as he turns 33...
Happy Birthday Sean!