Chips and dip are a major weakness of mine...and I'm guessing I am not alone. This particular dip is just about the ultimate opportunity for potato chip dunking. I was inspired by this recipe, but made a few changes of my own.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Cream cheese; 8 oz block at room temperature
- Mayonnaise; 1/2 cup
- Sour Cream; 2 tablespoons
- Shredded cheese; 2 cups of sharp cheddar or a blend of cheddar and jack cheese
- Green Onion; small bunch chopped finely
- Bacon; 1/2 pound cooked crisp and crumbled
Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Add in the cheese, bacon and green onion. It's best to make this a few hours ahead of time or even overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
Grab potato chips, some kind of carbonated beverage and begin devouring.