1. Mac said last week he couldn't wait for Christmas to get here...I tried to explain to him that the wait is the greatest part of the holidays. All the anticipation and activity...this really is the best week of the whole year.
2. Speaking of activity the main one from this point one will be cooking...one of the things we're making is peppermint fudge sundaes for dessert on Christmas night. It'll be the first time making my mom's mud pie fudge sauce...here's the recipe I have from when I gathered a bunch of family recipes a couple of years ago to make a cookbook for my brother and sister...
3. I think I'm going to have a couple of questions to ask her.
9. I spent a good part of the day staring aimlessly around the house and mentally adding up the dollars in our freezers. Thankfully every one of them was spared. Not even an ice cube melted a single drop.
10. I have never appreciated electricity as much as I do right now.