1. I feel better...not great, but since "better" has meant not laying in bed for hours on end I'll take it.
2. The house was shaking all afternoon because of this...so happy to finally see them working on it after well over a month of having the street torn apart
3. So far my spring break layout count remains at one...
4. Several months ago my mother-in-law became the HR manager for a bread company and after a few shipments Sean is beyond addicted to it. A box of Sin Dawgs arrived on our doorstep yesterday and you should have seen the smile on Sean's face as he unpacked the box. Today he dutifully followed the instructions his mom sent to share them with his grandpa and went by his house after school to drop off his share of the stash since Grandpa is equally addicted.
5. Since Sean was going over to his grandpa's house I didn't think I'd see him until after he picked up Mac from school and took him to tutoring. I was so surprised when he walked in the door that I asked, "Why are you here?" and he said, "So I can kiss my wife". I love that disgusting cheesiness.
7. My mom, in her infinite wisdom, planned our family Easter brunch in all of five minutes...we'll be having Belgian waffles with strawberries and fresh whipped cream and a make-your-own omelet bar. Mom's a good party planner, huh? (oh and we're totally counting on my brother's astounding culinary skills for omelet preparation...please Rory?)
8. Planning on doing an update to my "This month" post
9. I have been cleaning out my craft room today...making a lot of those "Yeah, I'm never going to use this." decisions...thinking of having a little garage sale on my blog...would you guys be interested?
10. Haven't made a Well Wishes card for tomorrow yet...I have an idea and just need to get to work.
I woke up a half hour before my alarm.
The little vase of rosebuds from our backyard sitting on my nightstand made me really happy.
Sean ran just over 15 miles in just under two hours.
Mac changed his outfit for the day three times...got to love that he has a tie on and we're not even going anywhere.
It's so windy it's shaking the house.
I have to get a paper done...it's driving me crazy.
There are 19 red velvet cupcakes in our fridge. I had been craving cupcakes so I made them yesterday. We will be sharing them with family and neighbors today.
I need to figure something out for dinner. (cupcakes maybe?)
Hope you're having a good weekend...
Officially started at 2:15pm today...before I went to get Mac from school I ran to Oasis to pick up a a little pile of stuff that's going to make next week a lot more fun...
The torturous part is that I have three papers that I should work on..."should" being the key word. Tomorrow I'm definitely going to try to get one of those papers done and then I will officially have permission to start making stuff...it's going to be a good week.
1. Fall Throw Pillow Tutorial - Scrapbuster Challenge, 2. Baby's Quilt, 3. Wo die Liebe hinfällt...2, 4. Car Moebel, 5. Car Moebel, 6. white brick and green buffet, 7. Evening at Cranham wood, 8. tufted, 9. Home Office, 10. bed., 11. SCRAPBOX PROJECT, 12. Untitled, 13. Régine's Hot Pads, 14. Love Art, 15. spick and span..., 16. yeah! bunting-keh!, 17. a little sunshine..., 18. Molly's Sketchbook: Spring Napkins, 19. eames side chair, 20. books, flowers & chair, 21. Cheerful kitchen: White cabinets + open shelves + stainless steel, 22. little folks playground patchwork quilt, 23. Untitled, 24. day 2. pink, 25. save the dates:Here's the latest finds...
1. I have a paper I need to work on for my Social Interaction class and I'm totally procrastinating.
2. This means I've done every last thing on my to-do list done besides the school work.
3. Sean recently explained that "procrastination" is an inaccurate term when you ultimately turn in high quality work on time...apparently the better description is "incubation".
4. He learned this on CNN.com...if you only knew how many sentences I hear that start with, "I saw on CNN.com today..."
5. It's been almost a month, but I am still unreasonably excited about my new bar counter top...
6. I really want to do another Starred post soon since I've found some cool stuff lately.
7. I stayed up way too late talking to my dad last night...we were kind of debating and I'm pretty sure I won.
8. Here's the most favorite photo I've taken in awhile...MaryJane asleep on my sister's shoulder during her baptism this weekend...
9. I may have taken two dozen photos of her like this instead of paying close attention to her baptism...she just looked too cute.
10. I did the drawing for the flowers...comment #2
so very pretty!
March 21, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Erin please e-mail me your address.
I have said before that sewing simple stuff makes me entirely too happy and this is no different...
Three straight (or sort of straight) sewn lines to wrap a gift for my sister's birthday gift. She is learning to sew (and is already way better than I am) so I got her a gift certificate to Purl which I just learned has a warehouse here in Orange County (thanks to Amber).
I used some punches to make her a card...
Loved layering the flowers together...
I thought someone else might enjoy putting them together too so I kept punching them out and made a tiny bag of them to share...feel free to leave a comment if you'd like it...
We're hosting a little get-together tonight which means I've spent too much time today obsessing over crazy details...for instance making sure I've cleaned up the flowers in the backyard that are way past their prime even though it'll be dark out when people get over here. Don't even get me started on scrubbing down the laundry room...because it's truly shameful if there's a speck of lint on the top of your dryer, right? Please tell me I'm not the only one who perseverates over ridiculous details like this...
1. I have some significant anxiety about earthquakes...so being woken up by one at 4am wasn't the best thing...didn't really fall back asleep.
2. My car thermometer read 98 today granted it exaggerated a bit but still it was WAY too hot...I want my 68 degrees back.
3. One midterm done...one to go.
4. St. Patrick's Day tomorrow and I usually have something fun planned for dinner, but tomorrow I've got nothing...doesn't help that Mac will be at Bryce's...Sean just doesn't appreciate a green themed dinner as much as Mac does.
5. When Harry Met Sally is on TV...one of my favorite movies of all time...and the only one I can kind of quote from "You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance, but you think you're low maintenance"
6. However I am now officially traumatized by the movie...that the scene where Sally's crying that she be forty someday and Harry says "In eight years"...I'm older than Sally.
7. Here's a layout I made weeks ago...girly-ness kind of threw-up all over it, but it was fun...
8. I need to go answer e-mails...I have a compulsive need to keep my in-box empty
9. One more When Harry Met Sally quote, "When you realize you want to spent the rest of your life with somebody you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"
10. Looking forward to sharing another Well Wishes tomorrow...
At the beginning of March I mentioned that I would have a new yellow nightstand...I obsessed over yellow paint and then picked the wrong one so I turned to my trusty green and am thrilled with the results.
I took these photos at 10pm so I will have to get better photos in daylight right after I figure out what I'm going to put on it. I think my favorite part may be the handle (that I spent more on than the actual piece of furniture)...
The reason there is nothing on top is because I have a drawer to store everything in. I shared earlier today that I was happily engrossed in drawer organizer decisions and I also stopped to pick up a piece of paper to use as a drawer liner...
Okay I was just too excited about the darn thing so I wanted to share it tonight...now I'm off to use my new nightstand and get to bed.
Earlier this week I thought it'd be fun to plan on heading down to the beach tonight to enjoy the later sunset...Sean and I did this on the Daylight Savings day a couple of years ago and it was a nice way to soften the blow of losing an hour.
So tonight we grabbed a blanket, picked up some sandwiches, wrapped scarfs around our necks (since Mac and I are wimps on a breezy 60 something degree evening) and were on our way...
Amazing how one hour on the beach can be so relaxing.
Here's a glimpse of what was going on around here earlier this evening...
Some scrapbooking (should be studying for midterms)...paint is drying on the bar since the walls needed to be touched up after the new counter top went in a couple of weeks ago...the sink is stuffed with dishes...and Sean was transplanting some dwarf citrus trees we have and spreading the compost he's been working on for the last year.
I have the winners for the giveaway...I decided to add the last thank you note kit as another prize making three prizes altogether...so I just took the 33 comments divided by three to get the winning numbers...
The kit goes to...
#11 Leslie said...
I'm excited for the 2010 Nora On Etsy season, too!! You'll have to put some of your mojo inside of the packages you send out, so we can all be as creative as you are! (I wish, I wish!!!!) I think putting together "Nora Favorites" would be a huge seller -- you really know how to combine products for an eclectic, awesome look!
March 11, 2010 at 07:24 AM
The Etsy shop items go to...
#22 Kristen D. said...
Ooh pick me, please!!! I think mini-book kits would be fabulous for you to add to your shop!
March 11, 2010 at 12:02 PM
And the garland goes too...
#33 alissa said...
mini book kits.
pdfs of your projects. :)
can't believe the garland winner didn't jump at that thing. :)
"pick me" :)
March 13, 2010 at 04:13 PM
Leslie, Kristen and Alissa please e-mail me your addresses and I'll get everything in the mail on Monday.
Thank you to everyone for letting me know what you'd be interested in seeing offered in the shop and especially for all the orders the last few days...I am eager to share a bunch of new ideas in the coming weeks and months.
So I had this idea.
It involved my Etsy shop. Remember that I have one those?
It would almost seem like I forgot that I had one, but after Christmas crafting I felt like I was all out of ideas and confidence. (In fact I still have a few winter thank you note kits that I just put on sale...that way you'll be all ready to send them off after the holidays this year)
So anyways, I had this idea...which made me think of other ideas...and now the shop is back up and running.
Well Wishes is something I'll share on Wednesdays...just a card that I've needed to make recently...like this card that was a thank you for Sean's grandpa who helped me with a Gerontology class project.
I will make a couple extra kits of the card that will be listed on Etsy.
If you miss out and would like one please either e-mail me or contact me through Etsy because it's likely I can put together another kit for you.
I thought this would be a way to be consistently producing instead of only being able to make a multiple card kit every once in awhile.
I also have listed some favorite supplies...and I put together a little packet to share here...please leave a comment if you'd like it...and if for some reason there is something you'd like to see me make for the shop please let me know in your comment...maybe spring tags, more thank you cards, blank note cards, more favorite supplies, a mini book kit, more happy wrappings kits??? If not, a good old "pick me" comment will do.
Oh and when I did the garland giveaway a few weeks ago the winner never e-mailed me (and didn't leave her e-mail address with her comment) therefore I have a cute envelope waiting to be mailed so I'll pick an additional winner from here to mail it to.
Excited for a whole new Etsy season...
1. Our street is under construction (which is all I'll say that way you don't have to endure my complaints) so we had to park out on the cross street today. This would not be a big deal except I have a habit of driving Mac to school in some pretty scary states of disarray.
2. I got my Studio Calico kit today and am excited to put it to use tomorrow. However in my usual compulsive ways I had to finish using February's kit first so I made a card...
and one last layout
3. I successfully made an alfredo sauce all by myself tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to make it consistently now.
5. I might have had Millionaire Matchmaker on in the background all night...I'm pretty much ashamed of myself. Please tell me if you're kind of fascinated by this show too so I'm not alone in my shame.
6. I have been successful with my goal of exercising everyday in March. When I'm not on the treadmill I am trying out Exercise TV on our cable. I have found Cardioke. I am ashamed to admit I actually enjoy it in all it's cheesiness.
7. I am done admitting what I'm ashamed of...at least for tonight.
8. I picked out a shade of yellow for my new nightstand and I hate it. This has totally undermined my paint purchasing confidence. Now I have no idea what color to choose.
9. Here's the other layout that was on my desk last night...
10. I have a new idea to share on the blog tomorrow.
Mac was at Bryce's...I made a mess in my craft room...then cleaned it up...then made a mess again...we went to the hardware store at 9:30 at night to buy paint (and wrapping paper)...I fought a headache and lost...Sean ran a dozen miles while I was in bed watching Meet the Press (which is the way life is every Sunday morning)...we had pancakes at 2pm...I watched the Oscars with my mom and pizza...and went to bed right after typing this.
1. this time, 2. January Challenge Interior Styling, 3. clement street, 4. Vintage Saucers, 5. wedding favors, 6. flowers & joy package, 7. it's been a while..., 8. a little papering..., 9. monday morning, 10. midwinter spring..., 11. a little 'cluster of happy'..., 12. happy love day., 13. Office Inspiration, 14. Green, 15. white ranunculus, 16. Christmas 2009, 17. R, 18. all organized, 19. christmas lights, 20. treasure kit, 21. four kinds of happy, 22. Sideboard in my creative space, 23. Living & More Country Dreams, 24. Ranunculus, 25. Paper Floral Wreath-Spring Mix
Here are some recent favorites...
We were at Staplestonight exchanging a chair pad for my desk since it had cracked after just a couple of months. As we were walking to the checkout I spotted these...
My favorite mechanical pencils...a dozen for $6 which was a really good price for them...and look at all the colors!
Sean was laughing at my excitement so I felt the need to justify my purchase, " You know this many pencils will get me all the way through grad school."
I continued on and proudly proclaimed, "These ARE my grad school pencils"
You can't argue with that, right?
Now I just need to get into grad school.
1. I was futzing with my phone while waiting for Mac at his tutoring this afternoon and saw a tweet from Erin about her "Ten on Tuesday" blog post...I would have completely forgotten otherwise.
2. Tonight's dinner was our usual fallback when I haven't officially cooked anything. A grilled hamburger patty and sauteed zucchini. We might have had that last night too.
3. I read about Jimmy Carter's sex life this afternoon. Page 79 in The Virtues of Aging. I've been traumatized ever since.
4. Now I have to do what seems to be an third grade book report on Carter's book for my Gerontology class. The directions literally suggested we tell the "Who, What, Where, When & Why".
5. Jimmy Carter also had good quotes...here's one I really liked about retirement, "Each day offers us twenty-four hours to be used and enjoyed, but this degree of flexibility means that careful and thoughtful decisions are really beneficial" Makes me want to be more careful about my hours.
6. The other thing I read today was, "Dramaturgical Desexualization: The Sociology of the Vaginal Examination".
7. And I now have said the word "vaginal" on my blog.
8. Tomorrow I am booking our 4th of July neighborhood block party water slide...the last two years I have called just under a month ahead and it's been slim pickings...not this year.
9. I have my eye on this one...
But I am not going to link to it since I don't want anyone to book it before we do. :)
10. I've got to answer a few e-mails and get to bed.
I made a goal to exercise every single day...all 31 one of them...one down 30 to go. I'm hoping this will kick start it into becoming a habit again.
I will be obsessed with my next door neighbor's trees as new spring green leaves pop up all over.
I have to take two midterms. Yuck.
I will love Sean even more when he turns this into my new yellow nightstand.
I will participate in this
I will go buy a couple of candles for these empty candlesticks on my mantle.
And I really want to try to make a springtime wreath.