I love making various salad concoctions and this was a recent favorite...
Bacon & Goat Cheese Spinach Salad with Orange Marmalade Dressing
- 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 8 slices apple wood smoked bacon; cooked crisp, drained, cooled and crumbled
- 3 ounces goat cheese; crumbled
- small shallot; finely minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
In a large bowl mix together spinach leaves, bacon bits and crumbled goat cheese. To make the dressing combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, marmalade, pinch of sea salt and shallot. Stir continuously while drizzling in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Lightly toss salad with dressing and serve immediately.